Working across boundaries to deliver greater service, support, and outcomes for children and communities.
Arapahoe County Early Childhood Council is a collaborative promoting high quality programs and services which support a Safe, Smart, and Healthy Start for young children and their families in Arapahoe County.
- We are champions for children and families.
- Early years are a critical and unique time to ensure optimal development. Children can't wait.
- Families and communities are interdependent: strong families and healthy children create thriving communities.
- Every parent needs support at home, at work, and throughout the community, from families, friends, neighbors, and community resources.
- Communities have a shared responsibility to invest in young children and their families.
- Collaboration is essential for development and delivery of innovative, sustainable, and effective programs and services.
- Children require a well educated and compensated early care and education work force to ensure quality care and positive outcomes.
- Early intervention is effective in addressing the individual needs of children who have different risks, vulnerabilities, and developmental needs.
- Early care and education professionals need ongoing education and support to succeed in their vocation and our collaborative is dedicated to ensuring these opportunities.
- Every child deserves and opportunity to thrive.
- Partners bring resources to the Council to develop collaborative initiatives that optimize the use of resources and opportunities.
- Collaborative efforts of the Council stimulate broad and diverse public and private sector participation in early childhood efforts.
- Partners engage in public policy leaders and increase their commitment to meet the needs of children and families in Arapahoe County.
Watch an overview of the work we do.
Safe Care CO:
- 104 families were supported by ACECC staff (2016-17)
- 54 families completed all three Safe Care parent education modules (2016-17)
Health & Wellness:
- ACECC helped enroll 2,322 Arapahoe County children and adults in health insurance (2016-17)
- ACECC staff supported 159 Centers and Home Care providers to improve childcare site quality (2016-17)
- 64 sites rated at a Level 4 or 5 (2016-17)