School Age Project
A Support Network for School Age Program Directors
The School Age Program Directors in Arapahoe County meet monthly to discuss issues, plan events and coordinate activities. This group serves as a support network for school age programs. School Age Child Care provides children with more learning opportunities and enhances their growth and development, social skills and exposure to a wide range of activities.
School Age Projects Support a Variety of Programs
Since 2001, ACECC has provided funding for many School Age Projects, including:
- Quality Improvement efforts using the School Age Environmental Rating Scales, both as a self-assessment tool with other components to offer School Age Programs a more comprehensive rating system.
- Mini-grants to provide equipment and materials that enhance the learning environment for a broad range of ages and interests.
- Parent engagement training and activities to provide a greater awareness of the importance of school age programs.
- Professional development opportunities for a wide variety of topics related to school age programs.
- Alignment activities designed to bridge the gap between school-age programs and the public schools Kindergarten-6th grade curriculum standards.
For more information please contact Michele Pugsley, Program Manager, at 720-974-9639 or email@example.com