Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD)
The Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD) Project is a national effort to increase the use of standardized developmental screening tools in health care settings to facilitate early identification and referral. The vision is that Colorado's children reach their maximum developmental potential.
Colorado is a leader in ABCD. The focus of ABCD is to:
- Increase the use of standardized developmental screening tools in pediatric and family health care settings.
- Assist practices in implementing an office process for standardized developmental screening that is efficient and practical.
- Help practices learn about opportunities to obtain reimbursement for developmental screening.
- Promote early identification and referral.
- Facilitate a practice's ability to link to early intervention and other community services.
Colorado ABCD striving for important benchmarks in 2013:
- Reach 90% of pediatric care providers routinely implementing standardized developmental screening as part of well-child check-ups.
- 90% of pediatric care providers refer children for further developmental evaluation based on the results of a standardized developmental screen.
How you can help:
- Help us increase awareness and educate parents, caregivers and primary care practices about the importance of using standardized developmental screening tools on a consistent basis.
- Offer other ideas on how best to reach parents and providers about ABCD in your community.
- Ask your own provider about using standardized developmental screening tools.
For more information contact Eileen Auer Bennett, Health and Mental Health Program Manager at 720-333-1351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assuring Better Child Health & Development | Home